A whole house dehumidifier is installed as part of your heating and cooling system and works in combination with your air conditioner, or on its own as required. It eliminates the exact amount of moisture to protect your home from the humid stuffy air without drying the air completely. Compared to an air conditioner that regulates temperature, a whole house dehumidifier keeps your home comfortable and healthy.
Reasons to Purchase a Whole House Dehumidifier
- Reduces Humidity Levels. High levels of humidity are usually present in basements and crawlspaces, but the excess moisture can go through your entire home. This can make you feel hot and clammy. It attracts allergens such as dust, mites, pests, mildew, and mold that can cause allergy symptoms. With a whole house dehumidifier, the healthy humidity level in your entire house is maintained;, making it dry, comfortable, and healthy.
- Keeps Home Air Clean and Fresh. It keeps your home smelling fresh and clean by minimizing odors and must that is brought in by mold and mildew.
- Keeps the Home Clean. It helps reduce dust and dirt so you do not need to clean as often.
- Preserves Home Items. It protects floors, ceilings, walls and other surfaces from getting moist and sticky. It rids your home of wet blotches on ceilings or walls and condensation on water pipes that trigger allergies.
- Keeps Foods Fresh. It prevents foods like bread and cereals from getting stale easily.
- Saves on Energy. A whole house dehumidifier helps your air conditioner operate more efficiently, meaning lower energy bills. The A/C works harder if the air in your home is more humid.
- Quiet and Convenient. It runs quietly and efficiently, away from your living space.
- Low Maintenance. A whole house dehumidifier only needs an annual filter cleaning.
If you need advice on choosing and installing a whole house dehumidifier, call (614) 851-0099. The people at American Air will help you find the ideal unit that suits your needs.