With the summer heat upon us, expect your air conditioner to be working hard. You don’t need to expect a high electric bill though. Before you call for air conditioning repair in Columbus, Ohio, there are a few hacks you can try yourself. Here are 10 operating and maintenance tips that can enhance your air conditioner ’s performance and efficiency.
- Remove any weeds, shrubs, tall grass or leaves from the surrounding area of the unit; observing a 3 feet clearance.
- Shade the condenser.
- Replace the unit’s filter.
- Keep your windows and doors to the outside closed.
- Plug up any air leaks that might be in your attic or around doors/windows.
- Lower the AC’s temperature by a couple degrees when your home is cooled off. The already cold-existing air will keep your space cool.
- Don’t open and close registers to control the temperature in your home.
- Close the curtains and blinds in the sunny areas of your home.
- Cook meals with a crock-pot or microwave rather than turning on the oven or stove.
- Turn off unnecessary lights or use the cooler LED bulbs.
Keep your home cool and let your air conditioner function better by checking on the unit today. If you try all of these tips and your AC still isn’t working as well as it should be, give American Air a call for air conditioning repair Columbus, Ohio.