Many of us don’t realize that the air inside our home is typically more contaminated than the air outside. It is even more polluted than the air near the roads, highways or industrial plants. Most homeowners think that an air purifier is the best solution, particularly if a family member has asthma or allergies. We recommend using an electronic air cleaner to capture airborne particles in your home. These cleaners attach to your HVAC system, and will filter the air as it passes through, requiring minimal maintenance while doing so.
Breathe Healthier Air from an Electronic Air Cleaner
Indoor air pollutants contain microscopic pieces that are up in the air, such as dust, dust mites, pollen, molds, and animal dander. There are also gaseous pollutants from gas and wood stoves, cleaning products, paints, varnishes, new carpets, and more. Some even have both gaseous and microscopic components like tobacco and cigarette smoke.
There are 2 types of electronic air cleaners.
- Standard. The standard types of electronic air cleaners charged particles that attach to a plate. They are 95% effective in removing different particles when the plates are clean but lose their efficiency as dirt are collected.
- Electronically Enhanced Media. This type is a combination of both electronic and media air cleaners, where particles are charged electrically and are accumulated by the huge air cleaning media of a conventional high-efficiency cleaner. Unlike the standard type, it has no plates and its efficiency is maintained all through the media’s life. They are 99% effective in removing varied kinds of particles
Why is an Electronic Air Cleaner the Best Choice?
- It improves the quality of air inside the home, reducing the number of pollutants and particulates floating through your indoor air.
- It covers your entire home; allowing you to breathe clean air in all areas of your home, not just the room the cleaner is in.
- Its upkeep is inexpensive. Electronic air cleaners generally have one to five years warranties, and American Air can maintain it with the annual service of your HVAC system.