A clogged drain in your home can quickly become a major inconvenience. It will prevent you from getting things done, and leave gross residue behind. Whether it’s in the kitchen or bathroom, a clogged drain is no fun. Clogged drains can become a breeding ground for bacteria and can even cause your or members of your family to get sick. Most clogged drains can be fixed with a plunger, a drain clearing solution, or by manually removing hair/debris from the drain. If these DIY tricks aren’t working, there’s a chance your main sewer line might be clogged. Read the signs below to get a better idea if that’s the case.
Signs of a Clogged Sewer Line
- Multiple drains are backing up with water
- Bad odors coming from your drains
- Gurgling noises coming from your drains or toilet
- Bubbling water in your toilet when you use the bathroom sink or shower
- Water backing up from your basement floor drain
Culprits of a Clogged Sewer Line
- Feminine hygiene products
- Paper towels
- Baby wipes
- And the most common culprit, Tree roots
If you think that your main sewer line is clogged, call American Air right away before it becomes a bigger problem. A licensed plumber will use a camera to scope your drain to find out what is causing the clog. Once the issue is determined they will either use an interior drain water jet OR a snake, to free any trapped debris or tree roots from inside the sewer lines.