Tankless water heaters give hot water ONLY when needed, which is the reason why they are also known as demand-type or instantaneous water heaters. Unlike storage water heaters, they do not produce standby energy loss, thus saving you money on electricity bills.
Reasons Why You Should Consider Buying a Tankless Hot Water Heater:
- Cost Efficient. Compared to a traditional storage tank water heater, a tankless water heater saves you 24 to 34% of energy if you consume 41 gallons or less of hot water. If your family uses around 86 gallons of hot water a day, you saved 8 to 14% on energy costs. Installing a tankless hot water heater at every hot water outlet saves you save as much as 27 to 50% on energy costs. With these savings, it is estimated that a regular family can save $100 or more in a year by installing a tankless water heater that is Energy Star® qualified.
- Long-lasting. Although the initial investment of buying a demand water heater is more compared to a traditional storage water heater, it will last you longer than traditional water heaters. Most tankless hot water heaters last for over 20 years. Their components are replaceable and available that extend their life for several years. Storage water heaters usually have a lifespan of 10 to 15 years. They also have minimal operating and energy costs so they prove to be more cost-saving in the end.
- Avoid Standby Heat Losses. The traditional water heaters offer a ready supply of 20 to 80 gallons of hot water. When you turn your hot water tap, it releases hot water from the top of the tank. Cold water enters the bottom of the tank to replace the hot water so you have your tank filled with hot water always. Water is continuously heated even when hot water is not needed, known as standby heat loss, where energy can be wasted. Standby heat losses are a big issue with storage water heaters. Not with tankless water heaters! You get hot water only when you need it, and get it immediately so energy is not wasted.
- Convenient. A tankless hot water heater allows your family to enjoy the continuous hot water, so you do not need to schedule bath times.
- Space-saving. Demand water heaters are more compact than the storage heaters, saving you on space. They can be mounted on walls whether indoors or outdoors. They have an anti-freeze kit so mounting them outdoors is not a problem. Some smaller models can even be installed under cabinets, in a closet or near the point of use.
- Environment-friendly. The electric tankless water heaters are 30% more energy-efficient and do not produce greenhouse gasses. This is not only good for your pocket but also for the environment, as you contribute to having cleaner air for a healthier environment.
- Safe and Clean Water. You get clean water all the time because your tank does not accumulate rust and scale caused by stored water. Tankless water heaters are built with excellent features to avoid boiling water from reaching your tap.
Call the plumbers at American Air if you’re interested in installing a tankless hot water heater in your home.