A remote programmable thermostat will help resolve your high energy bills. The heating and cooling systems in a home consume a huge amount of energy, which results in higher utility bills. Is there a possible way to reduce energy bills without sacrificing the heating and cooling in your home?
How a Programmable Thermostat Works
Programmable thermostats are devices that allow you to regulate the temperature of your home based on different settings for different times of the day. They help reduce energy bills by ensuring that your heating and cooling system is set high only in those times of the day that it is needed.
The total amount of savings on your energy bills will depend on how you use the programmable thermostat. Adjusting the normal setting of your thermostat by 7-10 degrees for 8 hours/day will give you an average saving of around 10% per year.
You can store several daily settings on the thermostat like 7 or more temperature settings per day. You can even cancel it manually without disturbing the daily or weekly programmed settings.
With a thermostat, you can decrease the temperature during winter and increase it during summer. By doing this, the heating and cooling system work less, which means lower energy costs.
To maximize your savings when using a thermostat:
- Set the thermostat to remain at its energy-savings level for up to 8 hours per day
- Adjust its settings if you will be away from home or go on a holiday for several days. A number of thermostats have a “hold” or vacation mode for this purpose.
- Install a thermostat in every delineated area to maximize comfort and savings if you have a zoned heating or cooling system.
- Observe proper maintenance by changing the batteries every year or when indicated.
- Adjust the settings to increase your savings and comfort. Remember that you save around 2% on your electric bills for every one-degree adjustment.
Install a programmable thermostat at your home now and lower your energy bills without sacrificing the comfort of your home. Not only will it save you on energy costs, it will also make your home sustainable.
American Air Heating & Cooling can also install a wi-fi thermostat to give you the ultimate control for comfort in your home. With a wi-fi thermostat you will be able to control and program the settings using a smart phone, tablet or computer.